A Message for Parents About Spring 2019 ILEARN Results
Spring 2019 ILEARN Results
July 9, 2019
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Your student participated in the ILEARN assessments for his or her grade level earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results with proficiency levels and scale scores will not be available for schools until August 15.
In accordance with Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d), parents and schools have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended item(s) to which students responded on the ILEARN assessment. Please note that this year was a baseline year. If you wish to consider a rescore request, please review carefully the information outlined below.
Important Information about the ILEARN Rescore Request Process:
- The ILEARN Rescore Request window will be open in mid-July (July 15 – 31). Requests submitted outside of this window will not be processed.
- This process is will not permit parents to view overall student test scores. This process only enables parents or guardians who wish to view students’ response images and scoring rubrics to do so. There will not be a separate online portal for parents to access this information.
- If you wish, you, with your student’s 2018-19 principal, will be able to view an image of your student’s response to each open-ended item, sample student responses for each score point, and the scoring rubric to help decide whether to request a rescore for that item.
- The principal will submit any rescore request(s) on your behalf in the online platform.
- A school must first notify the parents of any student for whom they want to request a rescore since a rescore could result in an increased or decreased score. Your student’s principal will contact you to discuss a rescore if deemed appropriate from the school’s perspective.
- Once a rescore request is submitted, the request and/or score change cannot be reversed.
- A rescore request can only be requested one time for an item. Multiple requests to rescore the same item for a student is not permissible.
- All items, responses, and scoring rubrics are secure materials and must not be discussed, shared, distributed, or duplicated.
- Final results released on August 15 will reflect any properly submitted requested rescores.
July 15 – 31, 2019
ILEARN Rescore Request window
August 15, 2019
ILEARN final results available for schools (including Individual Student Reports)
If you are interested, please contact your students’ 2018-19 school with any questions about the rescore request process.
Brooke A. Worland
** Please note: We do not have scores available at this time. The IDOE expects to release scores on August 15th. Thank you.