Immediate Action Items -
- An intercom with a camera can be used by school staff to visually verify a guest’s identity and reason for entering campus before they are allowed access to the office.
- Use a visitor management system to verify that guests are authorized to visit the campus.
Franklin Community Schools expects to be 100% compliant with each of these safety measures by August 2013.Long Term Plans -
- Utilize secure vestibules at main entrances. The door that accesses the school should be locked. Visitors should be forced to go to the front office to check in.
- Obtain additional funding to increase employment of School Resource Officers (SRO) through proposed legislation or grant opportunities.
- Create meaningful volunteer opportunities for concerned citizens.
- Increase the number of certified school safety specialists and increase the levels of trainings for faculty, staff, parents, students and community.
- Investigate the use of metal detectors or other pertinent technology used to restrict weapons enter the building.