Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher at Franklin Community Schools. Currently, the minimum requirement is a high school diploma, a teaching license, or a substitute teacher permit. Previous classroom experience is helpful, but not required.Franklin Community Schools is currently hosting virtual substitute teacher orientations on the following days. Please complete the orientation registration form.FCS will host a virtual orientation on:(link will be provided once registration form is completed) Orientation registration form (above) should be completed prior to this date.
- Wednesday, September 15 ⋅ 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Monday, September 27 ⋅ 3:00 – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 19 ⋅ 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Thursday, October 28 ⋅ 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Please bring the following items with you to orientation ~
- Valid identification for the Form I-9 (List of Acceptable Documents)
- Voided Check (for direct deposit)
- Please complete the following steps prior to attending orientation.
- Please submit a completed application.
- All FCS employees must complete an expanded criminal history check. You will receive an email with the link to complete this after you have attended a substitute teacher orientation and you have completed the appropriate paperwork to be offered a position. The final offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of the background check.
- Please submit a copy of your substitute teaching permit. If you do not currently hold a substitute teaching permit, one may be obtained by registering with the Indiana Department of Education online system, LVIS. A tutorial is also available to guide you through this process. Licenses issued under these guidelines will permit a substitute teacher to work for three calendar years. Please note, FCS will not approve substitute teacher permits until an expanded criminal history check has been received.
- All applicants considered for hire after July 1, 2009, must obtain a criminal history background check subject to I.C. 20-26-5-10. This background check must be completed through an approved entity prior to receiving an offer of employment with the cost being borne by the applicant. If selected for an interview, additional information will be provided at the time of interview.
- Franklin Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, handicapping conditions, or national origin, including limited English proficiency. No person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to unlawful discrimination on such basis under any educational program or student activity.
Substitute Teacher Pay RateGuest teachers holding a substitute teacher permit - $70.00 per dayGuest teachers holding a valid Indiana teaching license - $75.00 per dayEssential skills guest teacher - $75.00 per dayRetired teacher - $90.00 per day