Last PTO Meeting
Please join us for our last PTO meeting of the school year on Tuesday, May 16th at 6pm in the LGI room. We will be electing officers for the 2017-2018 school year.
Nature Center Buzz
The Needham Nature Center is really beginning to take shape! So far, the students have planted strawberries, lettuces, radishes, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower. We are looking forward to watching them grow. If you are interested in becoming more involved in the growth of the Nature Center or following our progress, you can follow us on Twitter @ Needham_Gardens or contact us via email at NeedhamSchoolGarden@gmail.com
Please join us for one of the following Nature Center work days. Kids are welcome to help!
Tuesday, May 2nd 2:30-3:30pm
Tuesday, May 9th 2:30-3:30pm
Tuesday, May 16th 4:30-5:30pm
Tuesday, May 23rd 6-7pm
Thank you to everybody who has brought in Box Tops this school year. You have helped the school raise over $1500! Keep collecting those Box Tops over the summer for next year!
Field Day is Friday, May 26th. PTO is still looking for volunteers to help with the stations. To be able to volunteer, you need to have a criminal background check through the school and have attended a VIP training led by Mr. Purlee. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Sarah Bullington at firstname.lastname@example.org PTO pays for each student at Needham to receive a Field Day t-shirt. Teachers will pass these shirts out in the morning before Field Day starts. Your child can then keep the shirt as a reminder of the fun he/she had on Field Day. PTO also purchases the Dairy Queen treats that the students enjoy on Field Day.
Teacher Appreciation Week
Needham PTO is recognizing our amazing staff at Needham the week of May 1st -5th. We will be providing a catered lunch for the teachers on Tuesday, May 2nd. We have a few more surprises for the staff, but the best surprise they can receive is the kind words and thank you notes that they receive from parents and students. Take a moment to let the Needham staff know how much they are appreciated!
Thank you for all of your support this school year at our Dine to Donate events. We raised enough money to purchase a gaga pit. The gaga pit was installed a few weeks ago, and the students have enjoyed learning this new game. A special thanks to Mr. John Carmack for installing the gaga pit, and Mrs. Spaulding for teaching the entire school the rules of the game.
Perfect Attendance Breakfast
Students that have had perfect attendance for the second semester will be treated to donuts on Friday, May 26th at 8am.
4th Grade Graduation
4th Grade Graduation will be in the evening this year. Please join us on Thursday, May 25th at 6:30pm to celebrate the 4th grade Bulldogs that will be entering CBIS next school year.
The last day of the Reading Counts program is Monday, May 15th. The end of the year Reading Counts party is Monday, May 22nd at 1pm. The party will have a luau theme with food, games and prizes. To qualify for the party, kindergarten through first grade students need to have 75 points and second through fourth grade students need 200 points.
The Needham Carnival and Silent Auction was a huge success this year. Thank you to all of the staff and parents that volunteered at this event. A special thanks to our sponsors: Franklin Kohl’s store, First National Bank, and Ritter’s Frozen Custard. The F.C.H.S. girls’ tennis team volunteered to run all of the carnival games. We couldn’t have done it without their help! Finally, we would like to thank all of the local businesses that donated items to our silent auction.
McDonald’s Beverage Cards
Stop by the Needham office to pick up your $5 McDonald’s Beverage card. You can get a free drink(coffee or soft drink) once a week for an entire year. This is a great savings! Beverage cards can be used at the McDonald’s on King Street or the McDonald’s in Trafalgar.
Field day will be on Friday, May 26th. The plan will be for it to be an outdoor event but there will be no rain date. If the weather doesn’t comply, there will be indoor activities.
2016-2017 PTO Application for ScholarshipNeedham PTO Fun Facts!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Needham PTO is a non profit 501(c)(3) and consists of parent volunteers
- Our main goal is to support programs and activities for the students and staff at Needham. We also strive to create a sense of family at Needham and help bridge the relationship between home and school
- Meetings are held once a month on the 3rd Tuesday at 6pm in the library. Babysitting is provided free of charge in the Needham gym
PTO EVENTS:May 1st-5th - Staff Appreciation WeekTBD - Field DayMay 26th - 4th Grade GraduationPTO MEETING DATESTuesday, May 16th 6pm Media CenterBabysitting is provided by the Grace Methodist Youth Group at all PTO meetings.2016-2017 PTO Officers:Committee Chairs for 2016-2017
- You do not have to attend our monthly meetings to be active in PTO!
- We need volunteers during the school day and evening to help with various PTO sponsored activities. Please sign up for our email list so that you are aware of these opportunities. Email: email@example.com if you would like your name added to the list
- Cut & save Box Tops! Last year we raised over $4000.00 for our school. Box Tops can be turned into the container right outside the cafeteria. If you would like to help count and organize Box Tops, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up your Kroger card for the Community Rewards Program. Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com . Click on register or sign in. Sign up and add #17139 to start saving money for our school by shopping at Kroger. We earned almost $1000.00 from this last year with only 26 households registered.
- Once a month, PTO hosts a Dine To Donate Event in our community. We earned $1500.00 last year from these events. All money raised from this year's Dine to Donate Events will be put into a special fund to purchase new playground equipment.
- Participate in our Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough fundraiser this fall. This is the only fundraiser that we will have during the school year where we ask students to sell items. Last year we raised $10,000.00 for our school by selling cookie dough.
PTO officers are:
Allyson Sever, Chair
Jill Bland, Co-Chair
Krista Orton, TreasurerJamie Murray, SecretaryQuestions or to volunteer for one of our events, please email us at