Franklin Community Schools is committed to providing a safe, secure, and respectful learning environment for our students. This extends to their time on school buses.
Students who ride on a school bus will ~
· sit in a forward facing position with legs, arms, and head inside the bus and out of the aisle while the bus is in motion.
· sit in the seat assigned to him/her by the driver. The driver reserves the right to change or adjust the student’s assigned seat as he/she deems appropriate.
· enter and exit only by the front door (unless otherwise instructed by the driver.)
· keep personal items such as books, pencils, toys, etc. in their book bags.
· keep cell phones on vibrate while on the bus.
· follow the driver’s instructions when crossing the road, boarding, during transport, and leaving the bus.
· board and leave the bus at the designated bus stop unless given permission by the Transportation Department. The Transportation Department will direct the school to issue a bus pass when permission is granted. This includes students in grades K-12.
· arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.The following behaviors are prohibited ~
· using profane language, loud/boisterous language, or obscene gestures
· standing, swinging, climbing or jumping on seats
· switching seats while the bus is in motion
· opening bus windows more than half way
· sitting in the driver’s seat or operating any of the bus controls
· eating, drinking, or chewing gum on the bus
· brushing hair or using hygiene products such as hair spray, perfume, finger nail polish, make-up, etc. while on the bus
· bringing glass containers on the bus
· bringing skate boards, animals, insects, or plants on the bus
· leaving the bus without the driver’s permission
· possessing tobacco, knives, or other dangerous weapons, alcohol, illegal drugs, explosives, fireworks, matches, cigarettes, or lighters.
· intimidating or harassing the driver and/or students
Transporting large items - The size of items carried on the bus should not extend beyond or above the height of the seat in front of that student (approximately 39”), and should fit on the student’s lap, or on the floor under the seat in front of the student’s seat.
In the event that a student is suspended from riding one FCS bus, he or she is suspended from riding ALL FCS buses.
We look forward to transporting your student this school year. In order to maintain the privilege of school transportation, please adhere to the rules stated above.