• Frequently Asked Questions  
    Q. Why is Franklin Community Schools taking over the ACE program?
    Schools are required by law to provide an after school care program also known as a Latch-Key program. Over the past 25 years, FCS has partnered with the ACE organization to provide this service. Economic constraints have forced FCS to look at ways to reduce expenditures and/or increase revenue. Bringing this program under the district's purview is one way we can help offset the loss of revenue from property tax caps.
    Q. Will the name change?
    Yes, the Alternative Care Experience (ACE) name is maintained by their non-profit organization. Franklin Community Schools understands that everyone is familiar with the ACE name; however, we must create our own identity. For this reason, our before and after school program will be known as Cub Care.
    Q. Will the cost for Cub Care change?
    While we are bringing the program under the umbrella of FCS, our mission will remain the same. We will continue to provide affordable before and after school care for the families of FCS. The daily and weekly fees will remain the same for the 2015-2016 school year. All aspects of the program will be evaluated each year to determine if any changes are necessary.
    Q. Can I expect any changes in locations or times?
    FCS has expanded the program to CBIS and during the morning hours at each site. 
    Q. What about extended breaks? 
    FCS will also offer daily care during extended break periods.  The following days will be available for childcare from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm during the 2017-2018 school year.  
    • Fall Break: (5 days) October 16 – 20 
    • Thanksgiving Break: (1 day) November 22
    • Christmas Break: (8 days) December 26, 27, 28, 29, January 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    • Spring Break: (7 days) March 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

    The extended day packages will only be offered at one location and may not be your regular school site for before and after school care.  

    Q. When can I register my child for Cub Care?
    Registration information packets are available online and at each school location and can be mailed or dropped off at the Administration building.