Kindergarten registration and screening
Virtual Kindergarten RegistrationStep 1 -Complete the pre-registration form at https://ecollect.accelaschool.com/FranklinCS
After you submit this form, you will receive a confirmation email.
You will then receive a second email from parentaccess@franklinschools.Please note: Any preschool students who attend onsite will not receive the second email until the completion of this school year. This would include students in Cub Academy, FCS Developmental Preschool, or those who come to Franklin to receive services such as speech, etc.
org. You will use this email to complete step 2. Keep an eye on your spam folder if you do not receive these emails.
Step 2 -
This step must be completed on a computer web browser or mobile web browser and does work on the Powerschool mobile app.
- Once you receive your second email with instructions on how to create a Powerschool Parent Account. Follow these instructions carefully.
- You will then be able to log in to the Parent Portal and click on ‘Forms’ on the left. Select the enrollments tab to get to the forms to complete. Complete and submit these forms to finalize your child’s kindergarten registration.
Step 3 - Submit the following forms to your child’s school (these can be scanned and sent via email or hard copies may be delivered to the school.)
- Proof of residency (This may include a utility bill, telephone bill, bank statement, rental/lease agreement, etc. that is dated within 60 days of registration and shows your home address)
- Student’s birth certificate
- Student’s immunization records (2021-2022 Required and Recommended School Immunizations)
Documents can be emailed to:
Requirements for Kindergarten registration
Early Entrance Procedure - If your child will turn 5 between August 2 - October 1 and you wish to enroll the child in the kindergarten program, please review and complete the Early Entrance Procedure.Children entering kindergarten come to school at many stages of development. Franklin Community Schools screen all students entering kindergarten through a program called Pre-KIDS (Pre-Kindergarten Inventory of Demonstrated Skills). This developmentally appropriate screening tool detects strengths and weaknesses in six areas. The areas are oral language, letter knowledge, phonemic awareness, fine motor, visual and auditory memory, number sense, and other math concepts.Information regarding specific screening times will be provided at registration.Expectations
- A completed kindergarten enrollment form
- Proof of residency
- Original birth certificate
- Health and immunization - kindergarten, completed by your doctor
Children entering kindergarten are encouraged to demonstrate success in these skills.
Kindergarten screening - Due to COVID-19, this step may not take place during the registration process.