PTO March News
1. Pre-sale envelopes for the Needham Carnival are due Friday, March 10th.
2. PTO needs donations of Little Debbie boxed treats for the cupcake walk at the carnival. Turn in your donation to the Needham office by Friday, March 10th.
3. PTO needs volunteers for the carnival. Use the following link to sign up:
4. Nature Center Work day is Friday, March 4th from 10am-1pm. We need help installing raised garden beds that were built for us by the FCHS Ag Mechanics class.
5. A gaga pit is coming soon to the Needham playground! Thanks for supporting our monthly Dine to Donate events to help us purchase this for the students.
6. McDonald's drink cards are now on sale for just $5. What a deal! You can get a free drink once a week till September 2017. Cards can be purchased in the Needham office.
McDonald’s Beverage Cards
Stop by the Needham office to pick up your $5 McDonald’s Beverage card. You can get a free drink(coffee or soft drink) once a week for an entire year. This is a great savings! Beverage cards can be used at the McDonald’s on King Street or the McDonald’s in Trafalgar.
PTO Scholarship for FCHS Senior
Do you know a senior graduating from FCHS that attended Needham Elementary? If so, they are eligible for a $750 scholarship given out by Needham PTO in the spring of 2017. Scholarship applications are available in the Needham office or the FCHS guidance office. The deadline to turn in the application is Friday, April 14th, 2017.
Friday, March 17th is
our Spring Carnival!
Friday, April 14 is tentative
date for Marco’s Pizza. Jay
is meeting with the territory manager to discuss the details of the fundraiser.
A spring picnic was discussed to
break in the Gaga Ball pit when it is up and running and to see the Nature
Center fixed up and have the one room school house open for families to see.
The final skating party for
Needham will be Thursday, January 26th from 6:00-8:00pm at the
Franklin Skate Club.
Spring Carnival- We are still in
need of a person to over see the games and the food. We are still debating on the price of the
tickets and bracelets. But we are going
to be changing up the food a bit to make it more carnival like. We will be
offering hot dogs, corn dogs, chips, nachos, uncrustables, drinks, lemonade,
fruit punch, etc.
Field day will be on Friday, May
26th. The plan will be for it
to be an outdoor event but there will be no rain date. If the weather doesn’t
comply, there will be indoor activities.
4th grade graduation will be on the last
day of school. The rest of the school
will also have Awards Day celebrations as well.
There was discussion about doing an assembly in the gym for awards
2016-2017 PTO Application for Scholarship
Needham PTO Fun Facts!
- Needham PTO is a non profit 501(c)(3) and consists of parent volunteers
- Our main goal is to support programs and activities for the students and staff at Needham. We also strive to create a sense of family at Needham and help bridge the relationship between home and school
- Meetings are held once a month on the 3rd Tuesday at 6pm in the library. Babysitting is provided free of charge in the Needham gym
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- You do not have to attend our monthly meetings to be active in PTO!
- We need volunteers during the school day and evening to help with various PTO sponsored activities. Please sign up for our email list so that you are aware of these opportunities. Email: email@example.com if you would like your name added to the list
- Cut & save Box Tops! Last year we raised over $4000.00 for our school. Box Tops can be turned into the container right outside the cafeteria. If you would like to help count and organize Box Tops, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up your Kroger card for the Community Rewards Program. Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com . Click on register or sign in. Sign up and add #17139 to start saving money for our school by shopping at Kroger. We earned almost $1000.00 from this last year with only 26 households registered.
- Once a month, PTO hosts a Dine To Donate Event in our community. We earned $1500.00 last year from these events. All money raised from this year's Dine to Donate Events will be put into a special fund to purchase new playground equipment.
- Participate in our Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough fundraiser this fall. This is the only fundraiser that we will have during the school year where we ask students to sell items. Last year we raised $10,000.00 for our school by selling cookie dough.
Thursday, January 26th - Skating Party @ Franklin Skate Club 6-8pm
Friday, March 3rd - Perfect Attendance for 3rd Nine Weeks
Friday, March 17th - Spring Carnival, Silent Auction & Book Fair 5-8pm
May 1st-5th - Staff Appreciation Week
TBD - Field Day
TBD - 4th Grade Graduation
PTO MEETING DATES
Tuesday, February 21st 6pm Media Center
Tuesday, March 21st 6pm Media Center
Tuesday, April 18th 6pm Media Center
Tuesday, May 16th 6pm Media Center
Babysitting is provided by the Grace Methodist Youth Group at all PTO meetings.
2016-2017 PTO Officers:
Committee Chairs for 2016-2017
PTO officers are:
Allyson Sever, Chair
Jill Bland, Co-Chair
Krista Orton, Treasurer
Jamie Murray, Secretary
Questions or to volunteer for one of our events, please email us at